This class was very interesting. For one, I have never had a class that utilized a blogging platform in order to turn in assignments. I thought it was pretty interesting and worked well with what we were assigned to do. The drudgery for sure was the Cupcakes and how difficult some of them were for absolutely no reason. It seemed that the goal was really to trick the student which seems a bit unfair. The fun moments were some of the interview assignments for sure because I was able to pitch my idea to some of my friends. A formative experience was the fact that I had to record elevator pitches. I noticed that I gradually got much better as I progressed through them and the course in general. I see myself as a potential entrepreneur for sure and am excited to see where my new entrepreneurial point of view takes me. One large recommendation that I would suggest to new students is to just watch the lectures and take very detailed notes because that’ll be the way to get a good grade on the cupcakes. I am definitely most proud of accomplishing an entire idea and venture concept in general because I had never really had to do something like that before.

Hi Jaiden,
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with you that using blogspot as a platform was a new experience when it comes to completing a course. Similar to you, I think the fact of making progress and seeing your development is a great thing about this course. E.g. the fact of not only doing one elevator pitch, but three of them, gave us a great opportunity to improve our skills. I agree that taking notes has definitely helped to get a better grade on the cupcakes. Sometimes, I had the problem of overthinking certain questions and not relying on my notes which resulted in a few lost points. As you said, it was great to accomplish an entire idea and a detailed venture concept, only starting off with a rough idea at the beginning.
Ollie
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading about all the key aspects you attained from taking this course. I have to agree with you that I have never taken a class that used a blog platform. This was a big chance from what I am usually used to. By having this class on a blog platform I was able to learn so much about myself that I would have never discovered otherwise.
Amanda Gonzalez
Hi Jaiden,
ReplyDeleteI agree that when I first heard this class was primarily on the blogging platform I was a little surprised. This was new for me and an adjustment as well. This really holds students accountable for doing assignments, but it also creates a great environment for feedback and coming up with feedback for each other. I am excited you see yourself as a future entrepreneur and this class helped you to see this. Hopefully one day you will have a company or product of your own.
Sarah