Monday, August 26, 2019

3A - Your Entrepreneurial Story

My first entrepreneurial experience happened in the 6th grade. During that time, the big thing among all the guys was paracord bracelets. They were these heavy duty army bracelets made out of a cord that was able to carry 550 pounds of anything in an emergency. Ultimately, this meant nothing to us, they just looked cool and heavy duty. The only issue with these bracelets were that they could cost upwards of 10 dollars, and none of us had that kind of money. When I asked my mom if I could have one, she said, “How about you make it yourself.” After researching it, I found out that you could buy 100 feet of paracord for 10 dollars, the price of ONE bracelet. My parents let me have a hundred dollars to buy paracord with the understanding that I would pay them back as soon as I was able to turn a profit. I started making these bracelets for hours at a time and sold them at school for 5 dollars each. They sold insanely quick and I was able to make 200 dollars in 2 weeks. I continued to make them until I ran out of cord and I ultimately made about 800 dollars.


Ultimately, I am in this class because I hope to one day start my own business and I want to do it in the most effective and efficient way possible. I am hoping this class will teach me exactly what I need to know to get started as an entrepreneur. I am looking to get a broader perspective on the world and the business industry so I can find a spot for myself. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jaiden,
    Sometimes we overlook the small things and don't realize that at such a young age we can be entrepreneurs ourselves. This is so inspiring to see you took action and created your own small business. I remember myself when these bracelets were a must have and we all had to buy them. Hopefully you will be able to continue your dreams and create a business of your own.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaiden,
    I guess that is the true definition of an entrepreneur - simply start taking action. It is great to see how you started taking action at such a young age and that your parents were willing to support you in that way. It is impressive how much money you made, that must have been an eye opener compared to other jobs you might do in 6th grade (delivering newspapers etc.). I think it is important to keep that attitude once you try to found your own business!
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment by Miriam Wilson

    Hi Jaiden,

    This is very inspirational and I love your story and how you decided to make your own bracelets. In which, I like your bracelets. It's really great to hear in your story how your mother stated, to do you research and you did. It's always good when starting your business to get the support, motivation and encouraging words from family, friends and others. I know you will do good starting your own business, because you have already took the leap to do so with your bracelets. Great job.

    ReplyDelete